MARCH & RALLY SATURDAY SEPT. 9th, 1 pm
Vancouver Art Gallery (Georgia St. side) Downtown Vancouver
Despite widespread opposition, Kinder Morgan is still promising to start construction of the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion in the first part of September. Justin Trudeau is also constantly reaffirming the Federal government’s support for the pipeline.
Let’s come together to ensure that it will not be built. There is clear opposition from the indigenous nations whose traditional territories it would cross, and overwhelming evidence that the planet cannot support any more dirty fossil fuel mega-projects.
September 9th is an important opportunity to demonstrate the strength of the movement against the pipeline, and will also be a place for people to get further involved in the many campaigns and actions which will be in full swing in September. We don’t know exactly what Kinder Morgan is planning, but we do know we need to be UNITED and MOBILIZED to stop the pipeline.
Together, we are putting forward a positive vision for a sustainable future. Together, we will stop this pipeline!
- Stage and speakers
- Printing for posters
- Facebook ads
- Art build
(Bill Winder, Treasurer of Climate Convergence is indicated as the recipient for the March: GoFundMe needs a person recipient.)
See our FB event page: Kinder Morgan We Still Say No March
Thank you to the following groups who have endorsed our march:
- Union of BC Indian Chiefs (UBCIC)
- Unitarian Church of Vancouver Environment and Social Justice Committees
- Wilderness Committee
- 350.org Vancouver
- BROKE (Burnaby Residents Opposing Kinder Morgan Expansion)
- Fight C
- Force of Nature
- We Love This Coast
- Public Service Alliance of Canada – Vancouver Area Council
- Earthkeepers – Christians for Climate Justice
- Sum of Us
- In Solidarity With All Land Defenders
- Friends of Clayoquot Sound
- Fire This Time
- Vancouver Ecosocialists
- Vancouver International Socialists
- BC Teachers’ Federation
- Capilano Students’ Union
- Lead Now
- Embark at SFU
- Pipe Up Network
- Georgia Strait Alliance
- Solidarity Notes Labour Choir
- Indigenous Solidarity Working Group
- Council of Canadians
- Clayoquot Action
- Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
- Social Justice Centre at Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Progressive Jewish Alliance UBC
- Watershed Watch Salmon Society
- Protectors of the Salish Seas
- Social Environmental Alliance Victoria
- Vancouver Socialist Alternative /Left Alternative
…and still more to come!
This event takes place on the traditional, unceded, occupied territories of the səlil̓wətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.